UK HEAD OF SALES
A unique opportunity to help develop a purpose driven brand
with huge ambition to grow and change the world.
16 years ago, the One brand was born, a brand created to help tackle the global water crisis one person at time, one day at a time. To do this, we set up The One Foundation (UK Registered Charity No. 1118810) to fund sustainable programmes around clean, safe water in the world’s poorest communities. To date, the brand has raised over £20 million and changed the lives of 4 million people.
The brand began life as a bottled water business (One Water) and expanded into spirits in 2017 with the birth of One Gin – a premium, copper distilled, London Dry gin with a signature botanical of fresh English sage. This very special gin was born out of the belief – and our customers’ expectations – that exceptional quality and doing good can work hand-in-hand. One Gin is the ‘full package’; it combines award-winning liquid, a widely acclaimed art deco label design and a minimum of 10% of profits donated to fund clean water projects.
We believe that small teams can make a big difference. In the last 4 years, we have:
- Won a coveted IWSC Gold award
- Launched a second gin (One Sage & Apple Gin) with the UK’s biggest gin subscription business, Craft Gin Club, with 28,000 bottles mailed out
- Built some high profile partnerships: we are sold in the UK’s largest retailer Tesco across 450 stores, Majestic, John Lewis, Anthropologie, Claridge’s, Fullers pubs, Hippo Inns, Incognito Bars and many more. We work with partners such as Fever-Tree, Double Dutch, Thatcher’s Cider, and Root7 glassware to name but a few
- Started the journey into export with Russia and Germany as our first markets, and in discussions with other markets
- Launched a new bespoke gift pack range
2021 is a big year for us – We are going through a crowdfunding round this Autumn and with investment, will be able to launch a beautiful new bespoke bottle with a sustainable twist, scale export and grow our sales team.
Our small team is made up of passionate, collaborative and inspiring team players – some with formal corporate training, all with entrepreneurial spirit – that believe in using business as a force for good and whose objective is to keep changing lives. We are building a laid back, collaborative, flexible culture and want to make sure our team is incentivised and rewarded for success.
This role is fundamental to our growth and you will be reporting to the co-founders to develop a short, medium & long term sales strategy for on and off trade based on business objectives – and implement this in a highly commercial way through outstanding customer engagement.
More specifically, you will:
- Build relationships and maximise rate of sale with key on-trade, route to market, specialist retail customers and targeted independents within London.
- Identify and secure new customer listings with a focus on on-trade and pub chains
- Participate in delivering staff training & tastings, on site activations and customer engagement throughout your customer base bringing the One Gin message to life
- Manage monthly sales forecasting in an accurate & timely way and report back to founders weekly
- Work closely with the marketing team to activate relationships and propose innovative solutions
- Ensure the rest of the team are always fully aware of new and upcoming opportunities
- Support customer, consumer and trade events (sometimes after hours or at weekends)
- Continually develop insightful, relevant knowledge and trends in the drinks industry
We see this person as someone who will grow with the business, be involved in key strategic decisions and build a sales team over the next year.
Ultimately, you are results orientated, think commercially, you’re a great relationship builder and brand ambassador with…
- At least five years’ experience in drinks sales, ideally with some beer/wine / spirits experience
- Strong skills in proactively managing the sales process from opportunity identification through to agreeing and closing deals, resulting in increased revenue and profitability
- Strong commercial acumen with P&L ownership
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills
- Creativity and imaginative in approaching all relationships and challenges,
- The ability to manage multiple projects for different clients/stakeholders concurrently both internally and externally
- Experience in confidently leading presentations and pitches with prospective clients
- High energy – A self-starter as well as a true team player who thinks big picture as well as running the day to day
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong prioritising, planning and organisational skills
- An exceptional ‘Can Do’ attitude and ability to overcome obstacles
- A UK full clean driving license
What you will get in return…
- £40k-£45k base and attractive commission package
- Being part of a fast growing, purpose driven business in the drinks industry
- The ability to take ownership and manage your own career development within a very close-knit and supportive team environment
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of delicious gin!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org