A unique opportunity to help develop a purpose driven brand
with huge ambition to grow and change the world.
16 years ago, the One brand was born, a brand created to help tackle the global water crisis one person at time, one day at a time. To do this, we set up The One Foundation (UK Registered Charity No. 1118810) to fund sustainable programmes around clean, safe water in the world’s poorest communities. To date, The One Foundation has raised over £25 million and changed the lives of 4 million people.
The brand began life as a bottled water business (One Water) and expanded into spirits in 2017 with the birth of One Gin – a premium, copper distilled, London Dry gin with a signature botanical of fresh English sage. This very special gin was born out of the belief – and our customers’ expectations – that exceptional quality and doing good can work hand-in-hand. One Gin is the ‘full package’; it combines award-winning liquid, a widely acclaimed art deco label design and a minimum of 10% of profits donated to fund clean water projects.
In the last 4 years, we have won numerous awards, launched 3 gins, launched a gift range and are currently stocked in Tesco across 450 stores, Majestic London & Home Counties, John Lewis, Anthropologie, Claridge’s, Fullers pubs, Hippo Inns, Incognito Bars and many more. We work with partners such as Fever-Tree, Double Dutch, Thatcher’s Cider, and Root7 glassware to name but a few. We have started our export journey with Russia, Germany and Dubai as our first markets, and in discussions globally.
2021 is a big year for us – We are going through a crowdfunding round this winter and with investment, we will launch a beautiful new bespoke bottle with a sustainable twist, build export and grow our UK sales team. Our small team is made up of passionate, collaborative, inspiring team players – some with formal corporate training, all with entrepreneurial spirit – that believe in using business as a force for good and whose objective is to keep changing lives. We are building a laid back, collaborative, flexible culture and want to make sure our team is incentivised and rewarded for success.
This role is fundamental to our growth and you will be reporting to our sales director to implement our sales strategy in a highly commercial way through outstanding customer engagement.
To maximise availability, visibility and ROS to targeted customers in the on- and off-trade. More specifically,
– Build relationships and maximise rate of sale with our existing customers – key on-trade, routes to market, key retail customers and specialist and targeted independents within London and southeast.
– Identify and secure new customer listings with a focus on the on-trade, specialists and independents in our heartland Richmond, surrounding areas + central London
– Participate in delivering staff training & tastings and other on-site activations
– Work closely with the marketing team to activate relationships and propose innovative collaborations
– Ensure the rest of the team are always fully aware of new and upcoming opportunities
– Support customer, consumer and trade events (sometimes after hours or at weekends)
– Continually develop insightful, relevant knowledge and trends in the drinks industry
We see this person as someone who will grow with the business and be instrumental to a growing a sales team over the next year.
Ultimately, you are results orientated, think commercially, you’re a great relationship builder and brand
– At least two years’ account management experience in leisure / consumer focused company
– Previous industry experience either sales or on-trade bar background
– Strong negotiation/influencing skills
– Creativity and imaginative in approaching all relationships and challenges,
– The ability to manage multiple projects for different clients/stakeholders concurrently, both internally and externally
– High energy – A self-starter as well as a true team player who thinks big picture as well as running the day to day
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Strong prioritising, planning and organisational skills
– An exceptional ‘Can Do’ attitude and ability to overcome obstacles
– A UK full clean driving license
What you will get in return…
– £30k-£35k base and attractive discretionary bonus
– Being part of a fast growing, purpose driven business in the drinks industry
– Ability to take ownership and manage your own career development within a very close-knit and supportive team environment
– Flexible working hours
– Lots of delicious gin!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org