About One Gin
It’s been said that the tiny flutter of a butterfly’s wing can trigger a cyclone on the other side of the world. This belief – that small acts can lead to great change – is at the heart of what we do.
One Gin was launched on World Water Day in 2017; we create award-winning, bold, distinctive London Dry gins abundant with fresh sage and copper-distilled into wonderfully smooth aromatic spirits. One Gin is the first gin created to give back to a global humanitarian cause, turning the UK’s love of gin into a force for good. We donate at least 10% of our profits to fund life-changing, sustainable water programmes in the world’s poorest communities.
We are called One because you can’t change a billion people’s lives overnight, but if you can change just One, then that’s a definition of success.
The wider One Brand stable which includes One Water has raised over £20 million for water projects, transforming the lives over 3.8 million people in need.
Fast forward 4 years and One Gin is available in Tesco stores nationwide, Ocado, Amazon, Virgin Wines, and independent stockists across the UK. It has also joined the gin menu at Claridge’s and is served in more than 100 bars and restaurants, including China Tang at The Dorchester, The Berkeley, Hawksmoor, and Mr Fogg’s.
2020 was a big year. We created our third gin – a beautiful port barrel rested gin – launched on Amazon, developed partnerships with Double Dutch tonics and Thatcher’s cider, worked with 45 premium influencers with a combined following of 2.8 million, increased our online community by 30% and saw engagement rates double that of industry average.
2021 is going to be even bigger. It will involve high level partnerships, launching our brand new G&T’s in a can, a massive push on export, and a drive to be an even more sustainable brand. From a marketing perspective, our objective is to scale reach and brand awareness exponentially.
We are looking for a gin loving, creative and results-driven Digital Marketing Manager to join our small team and to help build the brand to the next level.
This person will play a fundamental role in the business as the ‘’voice’ for the brand across all channels.
They will report directly into the Founders and support them in the development of the marketing strategy to deliver against brand and commercial objectives. They will be responsible for the effective implementation of the plan and line manage, motivate, and develop an ambitious, bright marketing executive.
- Build and maintain a best-in-class digital footprint across paid, owned and earned, building engaging customer experience and awareness online
- Own the spiritofone.com website: manage the content, e-commerce, analytics and on-going maintenance of thespiritofone.com. Optimise SEO building traffic and multiplying conversion opportunities
- Define best in class e-commerce principles: visibility and discoverability, leading to strategies to increase One Gin’s e-commerce sales
- Lead relationship with Amazon advertising agency to drive sales exponentially
- Create and implement monthly planned editorial calendars for all social channels and website, linking in with strategic direction and key tactical opportunities . Create fresh, insightful, effective visual and written content to bring content strategy pillars to life and re-visit these as necessary
- Develop recommendations, cost and metrics to enhance PPC campaigns with sound understanding of target audience behaviours
- CRM: Develop and implement solid, engaging CRM strategy to grow the One Gin database and D2C proposition
- Report on key metrics to establish a clear ROI across all channels and help advise on future activity
- Develop creative briefs and work with design agency to produce marketing materials for on and off line
- Identify, secure and maintain commercially driven brand partnerships and implement across all touchpoints
- Support sales as relevant, including local customer management and occasional consumer and trade events
- Build positive and productive working relationships with all stakeholders, both internally and externally
The Ideal Candidate
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative individual to contribute in a very significant way to One Gin’s journey. Given the strategic nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have an analytical background, keen eye for creative, proven record of working cross-functionally with strong project management skills. He/she should have deep knowledge of digital media and the e-commerce landscape, the best tools available, and the strategies and tactics that will take our digital footprint from basic to advanced. The ideal candidate will be able to blend creative exploration with data-driven analysis to implement programs that bring new consumers into the brand.
- 5 years’+ experience with deep and brilliant understanding of digital/social media and competent in e-comm
- Proven track record across a paid, owned and earned digital eco-system: Online video / social media / e-comm / Website / search / CRM
- Proven delivery of digital optimisation—metrics driven campaign testing and optimisation for efficiencies and effectiveness (incl Google Analytics)
- Strong understanding and curiosity of the evolving digital landscape and how to incorporate that knowledge to build brand equity and awareness online
- Ability to apply data-driven thinking to creative conversations as well as actionable business implications
- ‘Big picture’ thinking and proactivity, combined with tactical thinking and detail in delivery.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbally
- Premium sensibility, love of aesthetics
- Confident self-starter, proactive, positive team player who will roll up their sleeves and want to get involved
- Must own a full, clean driving license
Dependant on experience
Place of Work
Combination of home based and Richmond-on-Thames (when the world re-opens)
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right fit for this role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org