The coronation is almost upon us and we have some deliciously regal recipes to help you celebrate…And a few fun facts about our new King.
Did you know that he likes organic and locally sourced foods?
One Vodka Creme Fraiche & Salmon Canapes
200ml tub crème fraîche
Soda bread, cut into small circles
3 tsp vodka
pinch of salt & black pepper
2 tsp horseradish sauce
6 slices smoked salmon
Dill sprigs for garnish
- Beat the crème fraîche with One Vodka and a pinch of slat & blac pepper until it holds its shape, then stir in the horseradish. Chill in the fridge for a few hours
- Cut your soda bread into small circles & prepare your dill sprigs
- Layer your smoked salmon & creme fraiche evenly on the slices of bread, finish with a sprinkling of dill and you’re ready to serve, enjoy!
King Charles III doesn’t eat lunch but he is a big fan of breakfast (his favourite tea is darjeeling with milk & honey)
One Gin, Crisp Apple & Rhubarb Jam with Scones and Cream
450g granulated sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice plus skin from half the squeezed lemon
2 tbsp One Gin, Crisp Apple
½ vanilla pod seeds scraped
220g clotted cream
- Place strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, One Gin Crisp Apple, vanilla seeds and the lemon skin into a bowl and leave to soak for an hour.
- Place a pan on a gentle heat to and add the strawberry mixture. Allow the sugar to completely dissolve, do not allow to simmer and make sure you’re stirring continuously.
- Once the sugar has dissolved increase the heat and bring to a rolling boil and then start timing for 8 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- To test the jam, place a few drops of jam onto one of the cool dish & pop in the fridge for a minute. If the jam is still liquid then boil for another 2 minutes and so on until it has set.
- Warm up your scones and half, add a generous helping of clotted cream and a dollop of jam and enjoy!
King Charles III is quite partial to a martini? In fact he has one each evening before dinner. He even brings his own glass when he’s travelling!
One Gin Classic Dry Martini
60ml One Gin Classic
10ml Dolin Vermouth
1 dash Orange Bitters
Stir with cubed ice, strain and serve straight up with a lemon zest.