In honour of the Queen’s Jubilee and a very lovely long weekend, we have concocted a few delicious recipes – Perfect for a family BBQ or your local street party.
Inspired by the Queen’s favourite drink, a Gin & Dubonnet, (and some of our own favourites too) these sweet treats are the perfect pudding for the adults at your Jubilee celebration.
400ml Tonic Water
100ml One Gin Crisp Apple
300g Caster Sugar
36g Powdered Gelatine
2 x Lemons – zest & juice
50ml Elderflower Liqueur
50ml Peach Cordial
- Heat the water in a saucepan until boiling and the sugar has melted. Add the lemon zest and rest for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the tonic, lemon juice and One Gin Crisp Apple.
- Add 300ml of the new mixture to a saucepan on a low heat and add the gelatine, stir until dissolved and add back to the mixing bowl.
- Separate out 325ml of the mixture into a separate jug and add 50ml Dubbonet. Repeat this step with the peach cordial and elderflower liqueur.
- Pour the mixture into greased mini jelly moulds, we used these and they were great for getting the jellies out in one piece!
- Chill overnight in the fridge. Serve with fresh berries and enjoy!
One Gin Peach Iced Tea
We Brits know that nothing beats a great cuppa but there are a million ways to enjoy tea and here is a fresh festive one for the Jubilee.
600ml Earl Grey Tea
150ml One Gin Crisp Apple
50ml Peach Syrup*
50ml Lemon Juice
Jam Jars or teacups
- In a heatsafe jug, steep 2 Earl Grey teabags and the peel of 2 oranges in 600ml of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Discard the orange peel and add the lemon juice and peach syrup to jug and transfer to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add the gin and plenty of ice to the jug and serve in jam jars.
- To garnish, thinly slice the peach and feed one end onto a cocktail stick, then slide a full raspberry on and close in with the other end of the peach. Repeat this until the stick is full. Finish with a straw and enjoy!
One Gin & Dubonnet
Inspired by her Majesty’s favourite afternoon aperitif.
37.5ml One Gin Classic
5ml Lemon Juice
- Add all ingredients to a rocks glass filled with ice and stir well
- Add more ice to top the glass as preferred
- Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!